Wednesday 10 February 2010

DANCING ON ICE


I've been trying to photograph this ATC for a couple of days without much success. It's mainly acetate and the light just shines back making an unrecognisable picture. I hope you can make this one out.


I stamped some swirls on acetate using a white Brilliance ink. Once dry, I 'blobbed' alcohol inks in various places on the reverse. The bottom third or so is in blue to emulate the ice rink, whilst the rest is bright to look like the studio setting. I then 'smudged' glossy accents over the ink and sprinkled some fine glitter into it before 'scrunching' up some tissue paper which I then pressed into the glossy accents. (Are you keeping up with all the crafty expressions?)


Once dry I stuck the whole thing to a piece of pink card to give it some strength. I then stamped some leaves on acetate using red Ancient Page ink and filled each in with 2 colours of stickles. I stuck these to the bottom corner with silicone and added a sparkly gel dome to hide the silicone which was quite visible.


I've had this ATC in mind for a few weeks now but wasn't sure how to go about making it. One of Lindsay's demos last weekend soon sorted my problem. Thanks Lindsay.

1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

Love this .. the technique sounds brilliant..not tried that one before so thanks for sharing...and...thank you hun for your really sweet comment on me Blog..bless you...have a grreat weekend...Hels xx