Wednesday 1 October 2008

CUT GRASS



Leonie's Fab Friday challenge - Objects of Desire.


My most favourite time of the year is Spring. I can't wait for the aroma of the first cut of grass. Simply devine.

It brings thoughts of birds singing, buds on trees, long, sunny days (maybe!).


I tried to emulate Leonie's ATC and had a go at spritzing between the UTEE layers - it didn't work. I also tried to incorporate some scented embossing powders but they just spread everwhere. In the end I simply spritzed some card with Crafty Notions Quince and Lustre Green before writing the words. I then used Glossy Accents to stick some grass in place before using a Versamark pad and clear UTEE. I sprinkled a little bit of gold UTEE at the base of the grass and then covered the little brass scissors with more clear powder.


I had fun and made a mess!!!

2 comments:

sharon said...

Gorgeous! I love those little scissors. Scented embossing powders....not experimented with those before! They sound fun!

Joanne said...

Hi Sharon,
I threw the first attempt away. The scented powders spread everywhere but did smell nice. I wanted to capture the gorgeous smells of flowers on my card. Never mind, I'll just have to keep experimenting.
xx