To begin with, my sewing machine threw a wobbler and being unable to get it sorted I had to buy another so I could continue with the 100 days 100 blocks challenge. I was up at 5:45am on Thursday trying to sort it but it still played up and chewed the spool thread.
I rang a shop and explained everything and he agreed to look at it. When I got there he refused because it's a computerised machine. I told him that on the phone!!!!
Yesterday I rang the main outlet of the firm I bought it from and we took it to them. I did manage to sew a couple of blocks with the new machine but my heart was in my mouth the whole time.
Anyway, the shoo lady, Tatiana, plugged it in, checked the spool and top thread set it all going - AND IT SEWED PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!
Saved me a fortune - apart from the new machine - and I was so happy. I could have hugged Tatiana I was so happy. She said sometimes they just need re-threading.
So clever Mr man the day before, you just lost money because you could have done that instead of threatening me saying the mother board could need replacing.
That was my little drama but the worse part of this week was hearing that my step son had been knocked off his motorbike on the way to work on Thursday and had a broken leg.
He is home at last but his leg is in plaster from his toes to the top so he can't even bend down. They have told him it could take 12 weeks to mend and he narrowly missed an operation to plate it. Needless to say, his lovely bike is a right off.
I can't end on bad news so will post a few photos of the blocks I've been making.