Thursday 26 March 2009

CHAIN GANG


For the past week my hubby and I have been taking advantage of some lovely spring weather and doing some major gardening. We have dismantled a rockery, moved all the rocks, rubble and soil to make way for a few more patio slabs which have now almost doubled the size of the area. The idea is to have less garden to take care of and more space in which to relax! However, as the spring weather has turned to winter gales, sleet and minus degree temperatures again, I have retreated to my craft room once more.

My lovely ATC swapping buddies have been top of my list and I have decided I must make a stack of cards to send out when they send to me.

This set is one of the ones I made over last night and this morning. I found some previously made inked backgrounds and thought they would be just the job for the toppers I had in mind. Grungeboard hearts and wings. I used my Artquest pearl paints on the hearts, my Craftynotions sprays on the wings and a bit of distress ink on both. I tried sewing the wings to the heart but found it really hard so only managed to do one. The other three have 'pretend' sewing on them. The words are stamped on using an archival ink pad. A few 3D foam pads and glossy accents later and these are the end results.

Hope they like them.

No comments: