Wednesday 24 November 2010

CRIMBO CARDS

I made a couple  more cards, last night actually, after I wrote my woyww post for today, that's why they weren't on it..


This image has been on my image folder since last year but I've never used it 'til now. It's a simple card because of that but nothing is simple about the gorgeous Snow Flurries on the edge die from the master himself. It cuts really well for something so complicated.
The little girl has a blue skirt so I have used a piece of matching card on the edge of the inside to show off the snowflakes which in turn are covered in ice stickles. I added a bit of distress stickles to the image after matting and layering it to the main card. The large snowflake is from a Xmas card from last year!

This card has turned out better than I could have wished. It's 6"x6". The matt is 5.5"sq. Again I have used a vintage image from my stock but I distressed the matt using colours that matched the image and in the same situation. After that I stamped Tim's fir stamp in forest moss to one side and his scroll in aged mahogony to the other. The sentiment is one I use often, simply gold embossed. I used wax to stick the image to the card and give some interest. It's a technique I now absolutely love. Once cool, I added some distress stickles to Santa's coat, roughed the edges, darkened them with walnut stain, added a metal star and........... well no, it's actually not been stuck down yet.
To be perfectly honest, 'peg leg' and I (mainly him) are so 'down' that his knee operation was cancelled at the last minute, that neither of us have even got dressed today. I know that's awful, but we have both spent the day on our computers instead of doing anything else. Never, ever done that before.
This hospital lark is just that -a lark.

5 comments:

Dragon said...

LOVE that father Christmas image.... Just as I imagine him!!! Thanks for your lovely comments
Frankie
xx

She Who Doodles said...

thanks for visiting my blog. just scanned thru your's. "peg leg" is pretty handy, he's a keeper. so sorry to hear about the surgery cancellation.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely cards! But Hey! Really just wanted to say hang on in there you two, not surprised you're down. Its rotten when you're all ready to go and you're stopped in your tracks.
Thinking of you, Chrisx

Esther said...

Hi - came over to see your WOYWW post but just had to stop and say how lovely thse cards are..the top one is especially pretty...I haven't come across the wax technique you mentioned...be interested to find out how that works..Esther xx

Scrapcollectr said...

Wow...just read your WOYWW post...love that tool holder...your wonderfully crafty dh should start cranking those holders out for you to sell online...you'd do very well! Your cards below are fabulous...sorry about the postponement...hope all works out soon!
*smile*