Sunday 31 May 2015

SCRAPS

After making 4 patchwork cushions for outside during January to April this year, I decided to use the material scraps to TRY and make a patchwork throw, also for outside.
I've 'problemated' over its design and construction for weeks making several grid drawings and copious notes during that time. However, despite all this attention, bringing both design and material together is not proving easy.
I took my ideas away with me recently and managed to cut a few bits of fabric but, needing to make 12 x 12" blocks, this is going to take some time. Today, I decided to bite the bullet and sew 2 of my blocks.
This is my first attempt, and the one below is my second,
I hope to make 2 similar blocks times 6 in order to end up with 12, these are the first of #1 design.

2 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is looking great so far, love them both!! Off to France for 3 weeks tomorrow so wanted to say Congrats on your Tim win! Yours is a fabulous tag! Hugs, Chrisx

Barb said...

They're looking good. You certainly are a lady of many talents.
Barbxx