Sunday 4 September 2016

BIT HECTIC JUST NOW

The heading says it all.
Our Tony is doing OK as his sisters and Dad have taken on the caring roll. I feel like the outsider, being the step mom, but rather than going round and invading his place, I'm taking the roll of shopping, when required, and have offered to do some washing (but not his socks!!!).
His Dad took him to his first hospital check up last Wednesday and will take him again next Wednesday. Thank goodness his leg appears to be mending although he has probably got around 4 months off work. At least the woman driver who knocked him off his bike admitted fault to the police and as its a serious accident, will have to go to court. I just hope she has learnt a lesson.

As for me, well I've been sewing quite a bit and also changing a little part of my garden. I need a new greenhouse next year as my 21 year old wooden one has quite a bit if rot in it. Sadly I will have to buy an aluminium one to cut down on maintenance. 
I dug up the bed that was here and gave installed sleepers to match the other side of the greenhouse. It's a WiP so watch this space.
The sewing of both the 1930s blocks and the 100 a day ones is coming along nicely.
Two thirds of the Stitches with Witches got together today ie our Paula and me, and tried my blocks on Paula's batting wall. Here are my 100 blocks so far

And these are my 1930 ones

I'm so happy with my efforts and intend to complete both challenges.
Thanks for looking.

No comments: