Wednesday 24 June 2009

HOME ALONE ALMOST!


Just heard from my hubby, currently in Beverley, who is, with our Mick, trying to assemble kitchen cupboards. So far he has cut his head and got a hole in his foot!!!! This is only day 1!

Me, on the other hand, have spent today trying to vac, done 2 loads of washing, which included curtains, shopped, cooked, gardened, read 2 Craft Stamper mags. done loads of 'officey' stuff, conversed with neighbours, researched info on the web and am now blogging before washing the pots.

I'm not boasting 'cos I know what he is going through. We have re-done our kitchen 4 times and installed 2 others. None were easy. Still, it will be splendid once finished.

I have 2 big trees at the front which, being conifer/sprucey things provide all year round green cover for our local birds, mainly blackbirds. This year we have been visited by 3 breeding pairs, all nicknamed Blackie and Mrs Blackie. The only way we can distinguish between them is where they fly in from and out again. So far, at least 2 lots of young have also claimed our garden and currently 2 gorgeous birds think its theirs. I have just managed to take a photo of one of them sat in the tree. As I couldn't get any closer without actually going outside, I took the photo through the window, hence the glare, but it's ok. I wonder whether they will stay or be moved on by their parents?


No comments: