Thursday 10 September 2009

I HAVE HAD AN...


I have had an amazing 2 days. The sun shone brightly, the sky has been blue (well on the main land anyway) and my hubby and I have had 2 wonderful adventures.

Yesterday we decided to go to the I.O.W.. We booked online on Tuesday and after getting up at 6am we set off to drive to Lymington where we boarded the 7.45am ferry to Yarmouth. About 14 years ago we had an amazing 2 weeks on the island and have wanted to return ever since. My special moment was my trip to the Liz Earle shop in Rhyde. I love her products as they are the only ones that I don't have an allergic reaction to. However, the island was a big disappointment. It has gone to rack and ruin, the roads are just potholes and the towns are very run down. Such a shame for a gorgeous part of the UK.

Today was even more special. We went to Lulworth and climbed the steep path to Durdle Dur which was a real tear jerker of an experience due to it's utterly amazing sight. I am so glad we managed the trek and have some fantastic photos which I shall share when I get home. Oh! I may try just one.

1 comment:

sharon said...

I'm a Liz Earle girl too! Glad you had a fab time.
xx