Sunday, 10 February 2013


Thank you Tim for another challenge. All I had for this month's tag were distress stains and pens, the tag, cardstock, glue, vial labels and string. So, where to start.
I had some embossing folders that I thought might work so decided to give those a go and came up with this:
I embossed the Queen of Hearts and then rubbed a black Archival ink pad over the 2 pieces of card. After a quick zap with a heat gun, I coloured them with distress pens and a water brush. One of the images was then cut out. The Valentine embossing folder gives an impression which really is a little too big for this project but I just tore the card and made it fit. I don't have the cash keys that Tim used so I punched a circle of card, coloured it to match the tag and glued a brass ring to it. I then cut around it, pierced a hole through and inserted 2 jump rings and used a chit chat word to finish.
Despite everything, I managed to follow most of Tim's instructions and I reckon the tag will do.


Artyjen said...

It looks's your take on it and that's always good :)
xoxo Sioux

Annie said...

Hi Joanne. Great take on Tim's tag. I will be improvising too.

Good Luck

Annie x

Ria Gall said...

Fantastic tag really great

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous tag Joanne.. I especially love the background. Well done. Looks like you had great fun.xx

Barb Cady said...

Great improvisation with the embossing folder i love the effect!