Thursday 14 November 2013

I WAXED MY REINDEER TODAY!!!!!

It was a little late to decorate my 2 reindeers, which I won around last Xmas, for 2012 so I have started to decorate them today. Actually, I took them on holiday with me in August/September and primed them ready. The large one took first place and - as mentioned above hehe! - I decided to wax it. I bought some lovely Xmas napkins which have birds, a tree and some juniper branches on and after de-laminating one, tore it up around the images. I painted the reindeer with a combination of 3 DecoArt acrylic paints and then began to wax on the napkins. A few die cut Poinsettias, juniper branches and a pine cone cut from card plus some holly leaves cut from alcohol - inked scrap acetate made the decoration. It seems to have worked ok, what do you think??
I've partly painted the smaller reindeer and hope to continue with it's decoration tomorrow.

1 comment:

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE what you did with him... all he needs now is a name! x