Friday 29 November 2013

XMAS CARD WITH A DIFFERENCE

I planned to make my Christmas cards and stocking fillers before our long holiday which began at the end of August and I actually achieved my goal. The idea was to be 'in control' at the end of the year so as not be in a rush like 2012. Also, we are going away again for Christmas and the New Year so I need to be sorted for that too. So far so good except it's December on Sunday and I've not started my present shopping yet!!!!! arghh! the best laid plans eh? My lovely hairdresser, Erica, keeps the cards I make her and proudly displays them in the salon each year, so I decided to make her something very different this time. It started in the sunshine around July like this:
progressed a little more indoors:
then it was all out on the embellishing: front
back
I bought some balsa wood when were in Worthing from a model shop which is slightly wider than the letters and after painting it white stuck them to it using a crystal bead to help steady the letter 'Q'. I've just taken it to the salon and it now takes centre place in the window. It's nice to bring a smile to someone who perhaps is having a rough time of things, I know it always helps me, so I hope some of my other pals will enjoy their little stocking fillers this year: This is one that did just that:

2 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah I bet your Hairdresser loved her gift, Its brilliant, love Hazelxox

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'll bet it brings a smile to a few more than your hairdresser as it now has pride of place in her window! It really is beautiful and a brilliant alternative to a card! Chrisxxx