Saturday, 1 February 2014


Another trip up to Stockton on Tees last weekend for a workshop with fellow Hels Warriors from the Frozen North and of course the one and only Hels Sheridan. I booked this way back last year and because its obviously winter time the thought of not making it across the A66 because of snow became quite stressful. So, last October when I was on yet another of these weekend workshops, we decided (that's hubby and I) not to come to this one in the motorhome but to book into the Premier Inn for 3 nights instead. Was that an experience!!!! I had booked 2 nights while we were there and when I got home decided to book the Friday night too, which I managed to get for a reduced rate. The receptionist had already told me that should snow stop us travelling she would refund all 3 nights even though I would only be entitled to the full rate refunds. That was so good of them. Anyway, we made it so all was fine - wasn't it??? NO because on Saturday morning there was no water!!!! as you can guess that meant no shower, toilet or brew. We got a refund! The next night, Saturday, we were kept awake virtually all night by 4 people trying to get in the room of some friends by banging on the door, thumping up and down the corridors. In the end the police were called. Next morning we got a refund together with another 7 guests. So on to our last night, Sunday. Our room was the only one in the place with creaking floorboards outside the door which incidentally had supposedly been repaired twice so when what looked like a Russian Giant to me (I saw him at 4:17am through the peep hole) wandering up and down, through doors then moving furniture about or something in the 'private' room next door, I spent another sleepless night not helped one bit by the pile of metal I was sleeping on. Least to say when asked on checkout if everything was ok, we quickly told them it was not and would not return to that Premier again. We didn't expect a refund and would have felt bad accepting one but to be honest we deserved our money back. What a palarver. Anyway, the workshop was FANTASTIC and I had the TIME of my LIFE. There had been such an enormous response that Hels and her wonderful assistant Sue, put on another weekend of crafty fun this weekend. That is why we have'nt been able to show our projects. It wouldn't be fair. However, I wanted to be there again with the girls that didn't make last week so I've been crafting along all day making a similar project to last Saturday's and pretending I could hear Hels telling us how to accomplish each stage. Here is my fun in pictures:
The large canvas is from the Saturday workshop and I made the smaller one today. Making the large tattered floral flower from Tim's new die was harder than making the small ones but the fun we all had was the best ever. I decided to use a flower that I had made months ago and which had been dipped in coloured UTEE. The 2 flowers with it are made from moulds and UTEE. I made these at the workshop last October so felt it appropriate that I use them on today's canvas. Tomorrow I shall be 'playing' along again and have already prepped in readiness. I'm sure the Warriors from today are having as much fun as we did last weekend and I can't wait to see their canvases.


pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Love what you made! Those flowers are fab! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all! Chrisx

fatmonica said...

These look stunning.I bet they look great on the wall.