Friday 23 January 2015

QUILTED

I finally quilted the 9 patch cushion cover.
The patch with birds on needs unpicking at the edge because it puckered quite badly when I machined around it thinking that would be the right thing to do. When I come to sew it to the back of the cushion cover, I'll make sure it's well basted or pinned and then hope for the best. Same goes for the square with the buttons on.
I've managed to buy a toe stippling foot for my machine so I can have a go at free quilting on the trellis cover. Not plucked up enough courage to do that and I think I shall draw out some lines to follow first.
The next one is cut out and ready to start.
I may begin it tomorrow but have to complete the RSPB birdwatch first. We have so many birds around this year it's just wonderful watching them.
Before I sign out, my pal Sylvia has only gone and made another lap quilt - in a week! She is such a whiz kid.

1 comment:

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is lovely Joanne! The birds and indeed the whole cushion cover look very professional! Love Sonias lap quilt too! Hugs Chrisx