Tuesday 7 September 2010

SCD - ARCHES

This month, being a new one, also starts a new challenge over at Something Completely Different.

This months theme is ARCHES and week 1 is LACE.

The arches can be any shape and size making this challenge completely different to last month's, hence the meaning of the whole experience.  Now every time I hear or see the word 'lace, I immediately think of our CDs, Leather and Lace. It made life difficult for me, as if it wasn't hard enough!!!!, to come up with a way of interpreting those thoughts. Also, my mojo left me last week and only comes back for a few minutes at a time this week. Anyway, here is my arch.


I cut a piece of mountboard and then used Tim's plaque on the edge die to cut the top. That's my arch, for this week anyway. I then masked the middle and used pumice DI on the top splashed with water and stamped and clear embossed an Anna Griffin background on the lower half. I then used victorian velvet DI over this and ironed off the embossing. I struggled to photocopy the front of one of the CDs to print the words, but after 2 attempts managed to print words which would fit. I put glossy accents over the L to the word leather and rock candy stickles on the L on lace. The lace corner is an Anna Griffin one, the black lace is from my stash as are the black and heart brads. The little lines on the top part are from a Hero Arts frame stamp.

I'm not happy with the end result because I think the cut out words look just that, but for the life of me, I can't think what else to do. It's so annoying.

4 comments:

Artyjen said...

For me....the seemingly easier the theme the harder it is to think of something so I know what you mean!
The water splashed background looks cool! Just like there are real drops :) and love that lace corner ;)
xoxo Sioux
See you next week....you know you want to! LOL

Unknown said...

Well I am happy you carried on I know what it feels like to not be happy with somethng you have made even when others say it's lovely. I really do love the two techniques you used for the back ground though and I hope to see you play next week with the SCD team & feeling better about your mojo


love Dawn xx

Zoechaos said...

Know what you mean the number of things that end in the bin is noones business LOL. Love the shape you have come up with and all the different lace looks wonderful great arch. xx Zoe

Carol Plume said...

great take on our theme this week - Joanne - Thank YOu for joining us at SCD - hope to see you again soon.