Thursday 7 October 2010

AUTUMNAL LAYERS

I know a lot of people absolutely love the Autumn. The colours are simply amazing I do agree, but for me it's the end of so much. The summer - ok, I know we don't usually have one of those LOL - the beautiful flowers and their scent, birds singing and rushing about trying to bring up their young, holidays where there is some sun, being able to sit outside and to have the door open, long daylight hours - have I convinced you yet??

Anyway, there are a couple of challenges I thought I might just have a go at:

Something Completely Different - Oct. theme - anything with Colour
Week 1 - Outside colours - brown, orange etc.
and
Artistic Stamper Challenge - Oct. theme - Layers

I thought I would make a tag for a change and this one came directly from Sir Tim himself. After last year's 12 tags of Christmas, Tim had a few bundles of 20 tags for sale. As you can imagine, I was in there straight away and the handsome Mario sent me a pack.
I distressed the tag with a mixture of distress inks, then used one of the leaves I had just cut with my new tattered leaves die to act as a mask while I did a bit more inking and then a bit of spritzing with gold perfect pearls and water.
I covered pieces of grungepaper with some dictionary text and die cut some tattered flowers and tattered leaves. I also cut some from the retro grunge paper stack. Once dry I distressed some of them with fired brick and dried marigold inks and assembled the flowers together with a tiny Prima flower and one cut from inked mulberry paper with a tiny brad. They are all glued down with glossy accents. I then put a little bit of tea dye distress stickles on the leaves. The top 2 leaves are also Prima with a little butterfly charm on top.
I then stuck some more dictionary paper on a piece of thin card incorporating the word Autumn, and distressed it before punching out with a Martha Stewart oak leaf punch. I then added this to a memo pin, stuck it in the flower and hey presto - job done.

7 comments:

Artyjen said...

Hi Joanne! That's a fabby tag.....ooh those leaves ;) can see what you mean about Autumn usually love it...but not looking forward to the long dark nights this year
Thanks for playing along at SCD this week
xoxo Sioux

Artyjen said...

Hey! Stupid me!! Just thought....I ought to say congrats on the layers part too for The Artistic Stamper seeing as I'm on the DT...what a plonker! LOL
xoxo Sioux

Hels Sheridan said...

Hey Presto... FAB tag Joanne... love love love your ickle squirrel too... AlfieCat tried to catch his cousin the other day... all I will say is Squirrel had a lucky escape LOL THANK you for joinin in with the AS CT challenge hun x

Laura said...

Great autumn images and I love the layers. Thanks for joining us at SCD

Gez Butterworth said...

GORGEOUS tag Joanne. I so love the leaves..xx Thanks for playing along with my theme.xx

Anonymous said...

Love your tag, Joanne. S xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Stunningly simple Tag and I love it! Thank you for joining in at ASTC :))