Tuesday 24 May 2016

MY BIRTHDAY BOY

Today would have been Toby's 26th birthday.
My how the years have flown. It's almost 8 years since we said goodbye. I miss him like you wouldn't believe and so wish he could have been the first immortal cat.
I made his page a little while ago and although it's different I'm not really happy with it. 
It started off ok. I used embossing paste through a couple of stencils over a pre- gesso'd page.
I played around with some pieces of Tim Holtz papers which I glued and stapled together before adding them to the page. The bit I'm not happy with is the green mixture top and bottom. I mixed some gold chunks with Matt medium and aged some mica powder to it then just used a palette knife to randomly spread it. Once it had dried I decided that, although a gorgeous colour, it just didn't look right so I dry brushed white gesso over the top to knock it back.
A few bits of this and that and it was done. It doesn't look as bad when next to the adjoining page.
All 4 photos show Toby enjoying the sunshine so I'm writing this post doing just the same.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Two beautiful pages for your dear Toby Joanne. Barbxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Joanne! I know how you feel, your Toby pages always look so lovely and are a great tribute to your lovely boy! Having to start my catch up here as I know how important this day was to you! Hugs, Chrisx