Monday 8 April 2013

12 TAGS OF 2013 - APRIL

Tim promoted his new metallic distress paints for this month's tag, but being impatient and always wanting to make my tag as soon as he posts it, I can't wait for them to come to the UK so have improvised again this month.
I used distress paint for the base but added metallic distress stains as the paint substitute. It worked really well although I do admit to forgetting to go over the tag with distress inks afterwards and that's why my water splashes don't show up. I used Tim's stamps Steampunk CMS 107 and a dragonfly stamp from my stash. The Clearly for Art is a favourite item of mine so I played happily with that to make the wings.
I searched my Ideology stash for the cogs, pen nib and token and my grunge stash for #4. The metal corner was from another box of goodies. All altered with the distress paints. The crinkle ribbon was made following Tim's tutorial.
All in all, it turned out ok and the background is one I shall be using again with all sorts of colours.
Right, off to starve this darn cold and try to prevent the oncoming cough.

1 comment:

Artyjen said...

Hey that looks great ;)
xoxo Sioux