Tuesday 4 March 2014

A BIRTHDAY and A CRAFTING GENIUS

Yesterday was my pal Sylvia's husband, Reg's birthday. I made him a canvas board 'card' using paper piecing and a the parts from a broken video camera. He was surprised it got to him with all the bits of wire etc!!!
It was fun to make. Sylvia is the crafting genius. she has completed an incredible patchwork quilt for friends of theirs whose golden wedding it is this year. Even more incredible is the fact that she made it in around 2 months!!!!
Has your jaw dropped because mine did. She is starting another now for themselves, oh! and I forgot to tell you that last year she made one for a 6' bed!! Unbelievable. Well the garden revamp is progressing. Yesterday we painting fencing all day until we couldn't hold the brushes any longer. Today has been a busy shopping and price obtaining session. We may get a bit more done tomorrow but that will probably be it until the middle of next week because we are going to Poole to see the new Sunseeker 155 yacht belonging to Eddie Jordan of F1 fame. I know its a heck of a journey for just one day but after following this British built flagship (I know the Sunseeker business is manly owned by the Chinese now but the workforce is British still) from day one, I HAVE to see it in the flesh.
Thank you to Joanne from Sunseeker for letting me know it will still be in Poole when I come down. Can't wait.

4 comments:

Artyjen said...

Wow! That sun seeker does look impressive.
Have a safe journey :)
xoxo sioux

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Joanne, How very cool!!! Great recycling, love how you used the circuit boards and black letter keys in your project.
:) Chris / CS Designs

fatmonica said...

I love the card-what a greast idea! The quilt's a work of art too!

fatmonica said...

I love the card-what a greast idea! The quilt's a work of art too!