Thursday 14 April 2016

A LOVIE LAP QUILT

I saw a quilt on Pinterest a few weeks ago which had a pocket at the front to keeps your hands warm. I just knew I had to make one for my pal Sylvia so I sent off to www.HomeSewnByCarolyn.com in America for the pattern.
Now you may remember that Sylvia is a very proficient patch worker so to make a quilt for her when only a beginner myself made me wonder if I had bitten off more than I could chew.
Over 4 days last week I did this

It's a simple 9 block pattern but had to match up perfectly.
I finished the front in 2 days then sandwiched it to the back and batting.
I decided to quilt the border with straight lines whilst having a go a free motion quilting on the blocks.
Sylvia messaged me this morning to say it had arrived. I hope she likes it and finds it useful.

1 comment:

Barb said...

It's beautiful Joanne. I'm sure Sylvia will absolutely love it. What a really good idea to have a pocket in the front. I love the colours you've used and can't believe how quickly you did it. Barbxx