Tuesday 2 February 2010

A FABULOUS DAY


It could have rained all day because I didn't care or notice. I met my lovely pal, Sonia, at the train station and we scurried along to Inspirations - the new Cardcraft Plus store - to see our Leonie.

The car park is massive, but we couldn't find a space, so DH dropped us at the door and we fought (not literally) our way through the crowds to where Leonie was sat. I think I choked up a bit because it's ages since I've seen her.

She was demoing distress inks and alcohol inks and every single example was a masterpiece. Both Sonia and I picked up some new techniques and I hope to make some ATCs and/or cards using them in the next day or two.

When Leonie finally saw me she jumped up and gave me a big hug - I deffinately choked up then. She looks really well and is all smiles and her usual bubbly self. Her new job is a big success and everything is on the up. Wait while she tells everyone on her blog about her new digs!!!!!!

I managed to persuade her to make me an ATC and I swapped 'Friend of One-Eyed Peg' with her. All in all a fabulous day.

2 comments:

sharon said...

Wow! I'm so jealous! What a fantastic time you had. xxxx

Anonymous said...

thank you Joanne and DH we did have a lovely day!!! sonia