Monday 7 March 2011

TODAY I WILL LOOK FOR INSPIRATION

.....because I really need to make some exciting crafty pieces.
Having been to see the lovely Lindsay on Saturday, (I was equally lucky to see 'special' David too) I came home with the intent of making some crafty pieces ready for birthdays and even, Christmas! so that I was not in a 'tis' later in the year. It didn't happen. I did however, get on with a birthday 'card' (it's a wall hanging actually) for a special little 'sprocket'.
Lindsay had the ATC tower with her that she took to the Stitches show, so I got the chance to see it 'in the flesh'.
It looked really good as you can see and was a really fun project to be involved in. Both Sheila and Gez were at Dawn's too and that was another treat to see them both again.
Well, 'peg leg' has to have a medical this afternoon. Nothing to do with his operation - still waiting for a date for that - this time it's for his driving licence. He hits the big 70 this May and because our motorhome is 4.5tonnes in weight, his licence is not automatically renewed. Our doctor wants - wait for it - £117 to fill the forms in, so we've found another who is doing it for £67.90. That's bad enough. I tell you, this being retired has it's bonuses but it also has it's downside. Get saving for yours 'cos the pennies don't go very far at all. Good job I am a good 'planner'!!!!!!!! xx

1 comment:

Gez Butterworth said...

What a lovely surprise to see you last Saturday Joanne & not a mushroom Dabber in sight!! hehe..xx
Hope it's not too long now before PL gets a date..fingers crossed for his licence too..xx