Thursday 31 March 2011

INSPIRED BY GENIOUS

I mentioned yesterday, that I had made a tag inspired by Hels, it's this one.
I wanted a kick start to make something really nice and the tag that Hels had made did just that.
She was using new papers and stamps which obviously weren't tucked away in my work room, but it gave me the opportunity to use some lovely bits I already have - that's the name of the game anyway isn't it?
I covered a tag with paper from Tim's shabby vintage stash, gave it a watered down coat of traditional tan Studio paint and dried it. I smooshed some distress stains onto my craft sheet, sprayed them with water and pressed the tag into them. What an amazing effect this is. I even made another tag with the left over ink and that is just as lovely. I then used the sequin waste and dotty stamps from the Artistic Stamper, plus sable brown Stazon ink, to stamp over the top which I quickly wiped over with a baby wipe - after I had spent 20mins looking for the wipes - so much for the big clean up in January!!
How can you lose such a big box? It was actually staring me in the face in the cupboard above my head!
I then used black Archival to stamp Tim's swirl and the long words from his Stuff to Say stamps on the tag and then made a little matt with the saying on to sit over the top. I scribbled zig zags all around the tag and set it to one side whilst I made all the other bits.
Using Tim's flower ribbon and distress stains, I made the bit for the bottom of the tag and then ran the stains over 2 pieces of straight ribbon for the top. I then cut out about 7 flowers from Tim's tattered florals spikey flowers using his shabby vintage paper again, spritzed them with heirloom gold and edged them with walnut stain DI. The first flower is from my stash and is black card stamped with the sequin waste stamp. I rolled and bent the petals and held them together with a long fastener through one of Leonie's little wooden flowers.


Out came the box with my silicone glue to stick the flower down and all the bead pins etc. I fiddled with a couple of beads and made the 2 dangly ones at the top which are fastened on with one of Tim's mini safety pins.
I really enjoyed making this tag because I learnt some new techniques and the final result is lovely. I'm not taking credit for it because that belongs to Hels for sharing how she made her tag in the first place.
Got another to have a go at today so see you later - if I can concentrate on it instead of trying to work out the answers to Lindsay's quiz!!!!!!

No comments: