Wednesday 21 November 2012

WOYWW #181

Well now Julia, wonderful leader of the weekly desk snoop, I have a little surprise for you this morning. Known generally for having a tidy desk, look at it now:
It's completely cluttered and I can't move.
I've been busy decorating papier mache boxes, making a little gift card wallet courtesy of Hels tutorial, making my DT ATCs and challenge entries and generally having to do more work on the computer than when I actually went to work!!!
I now have another Xmas project which is just visible in the photo above. A red tree inside a box. It's going to be a little Xmas scene and will replace a card for my hairdresser who now expects something exciting each year. I made her a star card some years ago and she still brings it out each Xmas. Warms your heart to know you made something that bring pleasure like that. Whilst using some distress stains though, I now find that the dusty concorde one is now a lovely green colour. I've already had 4 bottles replaced by Ranger and now it looks like I will have to contact them again after I've gone through every one this time that is. Just ordered the 12 new ones so I hope they will be ok.
Well today should have seen my little car have it's MOT, but last night the rear n/s wheel ceased up so we had to cancel it. I need to get it done because I don't know whether this will be the decision time for it to carry on or be scrapped. It's now 15yrs old but still lovable. Just hope that my DH can get it done within the week so I know whether to cash in the tax disc, renew my insurance or whether to just sit and cry.......
Ok, see you next week.

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Sounds (and looks) like there's plenty going on... love the idea of the Christmas box, and if your hairdresser is still getting her card out as part of her decorations, I'm sure she'll love this! How weird that your stain has changed colour... I haven't got the Dusty Concorde - has it happened to any others? Yuk...

Happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#63

Neil said...

Hi there, thanks for letting me peek into your creative world this morning.
Neil#34

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Blooming cars - they're money sinks, aren't they..sigh. A necessary evil. Hope the situation gets sorted for you. And blimey, you sound busy! I thought I was but it's nothing compared to you - hang on, that's a song isn't it?? LOL!
Hugs, LLJ ~36 xx

Lindsay Mason said...

Er....I don't remember you sneaking in and photographing my work table Lol! Yours is definitely almost as messy as mine this week!
I got my new Stains last week and they are all okay - you seem to be unlucky with the batches.
Bad news about the car - Heather and I had our fingers crossed for it today. Hope we get to see you soon anyway - been far too long. Lindsay x x x x x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh the pressure of producing something different each year for certain people! I'm sure what ever you make will be treasured! Good Luck with the car, Chrisx

Nan G said...

Sad about the D.I. Stain....hope Ranger gets it resolved for you (and us). Love love the handles on your blending tools!!! Did you make them? Buy them? I need to find someone to do this for me. Glad I snooped in. :) Nan 93

Laurart said...

Looks like you have a lot to do!...I love that your hairdresser gets that card out each year. I have the same thing with my MIL - she expects a handmade gift each year and I love the fact that she does! It really is lovely when people treasure your work. Happy WOYWW xxx Laura #51