Saturday 12 December 2009

THE 12TH TAG



Well, Tim saved the best 'til last.


I have wanted to make grunge flowers since I saw them at CHA earlier in the year. Today was the day.


I didn't have the Sizzix die that Tim used, but I do have a 6 petal daisy die and as he said that almost any 6 petal flower would normally do, I proceeded. I did find however, that the petals were a bit long which made the cuts off line. After much fiddling, I finally made 2 roses.


The red rose is coloured with fired brick ink and red perfect pearls but the blue/green one is coloured with craftynotions spray inks. I used Hero Arts gems to make my own sparkly swirls. The photo is bad due to light, or lack of light but if I can, I intend to photo all 12 tomorrow in order to email Tim and hopefully, win the grand prize!


I have sooo enjoyed these past 12 days, so I send a great big THANK YOU to Tim Holtz for giving his time to create the 12 Tags of Christmas for the 3rd year running - roll on 2010!
PS Looking at the state of my hands, I bet Tim went to bed last night, laughing his head off knowing how many crafters throughout the world would have coloured fingers today. I've used everything, including blending solution, but nothing is working!!!! It's such fun.

2 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Joanne, so glad you have made all the tags.. and my hands are completely covered in inks, paints, glue, and the roses are still not dry! will be blogging later and do pop by tomorrow as I have candy to die for..and lots of it!
oh fprgot to sya loving allthe tags you have made..:):):)
xx

Artyjen said...

Yay! We have had fun!....love the roses....I had to improvise again!! I bet the check out operator in Morrisons today thought I was a mucky pup with my inky fingernails!! LOL
xoxo