Tuesday 8 December 2009

ENGINEER FOR HIRE


Tag #8 now completed.

Looked easy didn't it? I suppose it was, again, if you had all the components. But really the challenge is to practice the techniques, then come up with something of your own. That's just what I have done on this tag.

I don't have the gorgeous flourish stamp - yet! but have noticed that it forms part of the packaging to items like grungeboard. Tim created the background to this tag using distress ink, water and his flourish tag. I made mine with the grungeboard packaging!!!!

I bought the lamp stamp last year so that bit was ok, except grunge is quite hard to cut out, especially with arthritic fingers, so I decided to use some Prima leaves for the holly rather than cut those out.

The best bit was to come. Have you seen the price of the hitch fasteners? Don't have those either but I do have an engineer in the house! My lovely hubby went into his workshop and turned one up for me on his lathe. Now that's a crafting partnership. xx

4 comments:

Artyjen said...

DH's do come in handy sometimes! Love the idea to use the grunge wrapper. Is that what they might call thinking outside the packaging!! LOL
xoxo

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

You are one lucky girl to have such a brill hubbie! great tag! xx

Murielle said...

your tag is very beautiful!
Hugs, Mumur

Beth Norman said...

Very, very nice. So pretty and elegant and is one that I'd be keeping and not giving away.