Sunday 25 April 2010

I'VE COMPLETED THEM

The last page is finished. What an amazing journey I have had (note the words, that's a Tim phrase). When Heather suggested this chunky grunge book, I was excited at the thought of it all, but when the list of page titles arrived and I gave them some thought, I wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew. However, with 4 months to go to the deadline, I've done them. I'm not bragging about that, it's just that when I have something on my mind, It just has to be sorted or I spend every waking moment thinking about it and that drives me mad.
Well, here it is, 'It's only words'.

I have actually made a little book. The front is mountboard, the inside page is card and the back cover is grungeboard. The grunge and card allow some flexibility so it can be carefully opened.
No difficult techniques were used - I can't do difficult. Every page is distressed with crushed olive, weathered wood and brushed corduroy inks but the front has a splash of walnut stain re-inker, and the back is spritzed with a perfect pearls concoction. The letters have been painted with a black dabber and then either crackled with rock candy or covered with bits of print.
I used my Crop-a-Dile to make the holes before x-stitching with faux leather string to bind the pages together. The hinge fastening is distress embossed to look like rusty metal. One of the best bits is the brass hitch fastener which was machined specially by my hubby.

The middle page is covered with the item name of some of Tim's products which I have cut from the packaging. Unfortunately, the photos of this page are awful so you may not get the effect.
Now I have completed these pages I will try and photograph them all together and let you have a nosey. I really have had a ball, so roll on the next challenge.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congrats, Joanne, on finishing all the pages - you've done a great job on them all and this last one is a fab idea, who'd've thought of making an actual book? Thanks for explaining how you created it too. (Wish I'd have thought of this)! :o)
Heather x