Sunday 4 April 2010

WITH A LITTLE FLOURISH


There are 2 challenges this week that I can enter one of my chunky book pages into.

1) Sunday Stampers - Lace (check out the link to Ink on my Fingers in the sidebar)

2) Allsorts - #46 No patterned paper (again, the link is in the sidebar)

I used distress inks over Tim's flourish mask then stamped a swirl stamp using another distress ink and then brushed over it with perfect pearls. I then spritzed with water and by doing this the ink 'bleeds'. As soon as the required effect is achieved, a quick blast with a heat gun sets it. I then made a chunky tag in the same way.

I die cut some flowers out of material and grungepaper, inking over the grunge one, gluing one of the material ones to a grunge flower and inking over that too. I again, inked a grungeboard swirl and then assembled the whole thing adding embellishments and some LACE.

I love the effect of distress inks, perfect pearls and spritzing. The lovely shine is amazing.

7 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Ooooh, lovely lovely lovely....what a brill idea of sticking fabric over Grungepaper...I wouldn't have thought of that so I hope you no mind if I "borrow" your idea sometime :O)) Love this piece..tis gorgeous...thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh...forgot to say...Happy Easter too x

Debs said...

This is gorgeous work. Love the swirl and the flowers are divine.
Thanks for taking on my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Juls said...

wow!! this is so so incredible!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning - fab work!

Artyjen said...

Fabulous piece...you are doing well in making the pages....I have nearly finished my first one!
xoxo

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

fantastic love the background! and the chunky tag....

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx