Thursday 29 April 2010

SPRING - renamed SUMMER BLOSSOMS


2 challenges for this little card;
Copics Colour Challenge # 62 (follow the link in the sidebar)
Bo2 - robins egg blue
BV02 - prune
YG03 - yellow green
and
Lili of the Valley Challenge #52 (follow link in the sidebar)
Here comes Summer

I used a white base card cut to 6"x6". The lovely blue hydrangea paper is by Magenta and was perfect for my Martha Stewart hydrangea edge punch. Over this I used a strip of sticky back dotty paper and covered one edge with DCWV ready sticky lavender ribbon. The lavender flowers are from Prima and gorgeous, and the little branch 'leaves' are cut with another ME punch from some bright green paper.
The main image is a Sarah Kay stamp - Spring Blossoms, hence my re-naming the title to suit the LOTV challenge! I used the required Copic colours plus ones either side of them to create the shading. I then cut it out with a nestability frame and my Big Shot before shading the edge with Dusty Concord distress ink and 3D-ing it to the card.
I love this little image and often wonder what this little girl looks like. I wonder if its Charlie Dimmock???
Off to have another wonder what crafty bits to pack for this trip away in the van. I hope DH has a fabby time at this flying thingy so I can have 'me' time with the bits I take! Don't often have quiet time to myself so I am looking forward to that.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Joanne this is beautiful, i love the gorgeous flowers and this image is just the sweetest
love tasha xx

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Beautiful card Joanne! This image is adorable and I love the gorgeous flower punch you've used - I may have to check this out! Thanks for joining in with the CC challenge!

Love Beth xx

Bev said...

Oh this is just beautiful! The papers are so pretty and compliment the sweet image beautifully. Thanks for joining LOTV this week x

Adele said...

Oh what a pretty card, I love this image and you have coloured it beautifully. Thank you for playing along with the Copic Colour Challenge.
xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x