Thursday 20 January 2011

THE CHALLENGE IS COMPLETED

Yes, I've completed my 12 chunky pages. What a marathon it's been. Some of the subjects were really hard for me with only a few that I was comfortable with, so I'm quite glad I've done it now.
The deadline was 15 March but that has now been extended by a month. With all the hospital unknowns just now plus Tim's workshop, I just had to plan my time and stick to the original deadline or I would never have completed the challenge. Once the date is up, I shall post piccies of my efforts but here is my page for starters.
My theme(s) for the book is January - December. She gave me February. I don't do Valentines so what better theme for February for me other than Tim's workshop.
I used several shades of brown DI on mountboard pre-cut with the brackets on - the - edge alterations die. I then splashed water over the surface and dried it all off. I then used a couple of stamps and green DI, peeled paint I think, plus a bit of scattered straw distress stickles. The letters are grungeboard covered with a mixture of gold and green paint dabbers. The picture in the frame is one advertising the event which I've simply put together using Tim's Ideology items. It's fastened to the letter 'a' but that's all allowing it to swing. The rest you can see.
It's a very simple page but looks ok in real life and as it's mine anyway, it's fine.
Well 'peg leg' has taken the motorhome to get the new awning bracket fitted. We have freezing fog this morning so the early start won't have gone down well. He goes for his pre-op tests prior to his hernia op, next Monday. When he had the tests for his knee op, he was told they last for 30 days, but these tests last 2 months so he should be ok for March.
My car has been diagnosed. We had to call the AA again - what a nice man! Anyway the plugs were arcing so the spark wasn't hitting the bits it should so we need new leads. Also, when I tried to start it the other day and it backfired, it blew the silencer apart so that has to be replaced. Nothing too costly after all. The parts are just over £50 and 'peg leg' can do it all. I feel like my arm has been chopped off without my little car so it will be magic when I get it back.
Thanks for looking today and if you've made it this far - booo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning my lovely. Firstly well done you for finishing the pages.............how impressed am I?? Love this page.......I knew I'd picked February for you for a reason :-)Hope 'Peg Leg's'appointment goes well.....think of you both often xxx Know what you mean about missing the car......I glare at Bry now if he wants to drive!! Catch up soon hopefully. Much love S xxx ps foggy here too :-(

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is super. Hee Hee are you just a wee bit excited about your class with the Lord!!!! Love the page.
Glad your car wont cost too much to fix. Have a great day xx Hazelxox