Friday 4 February 2011

FEATHERED FLOWERS

Oooh eck! I do have trouble thinking up headings sometimes. I reckon this is one of those times. Never mind, this is what I wanted to show you.
Not everyone's choice of colours I know, but it all came about because I had already made the big flower some weeks ago and needed to use it before it got damaged. It's cut from K & Co paper using Tim's large flower from his tattered floral die, and then covered in UTEE with a bit of distress stickles to add extra bling.
The base of this wall hanging is mountboard covered with paper from Tim's vintage shabby stack. I cut another little piece and used a Martha Stewart punch to make the zig zag top. All the edges are distressed with dusty concord and crushed olive DIs and the diamond  and flourish stamps are Tim's too (well they are mine actually, but from Tim's range lol) I sanded around the base as well.
The other flower is cut from grungepaper using the smaller tattered floral die, distressed and over stamped with a verse stamp - guess who's? No UTEE on this one, I simply left it as it was.

The feathers are from some I bought from Hobbycraft but the wired beads were the bargain of last year.
Get this - £1.50 for a great long length from Abakahn (sp?).
The swirl is grunge, again from Tim's range. I stamped the sentiment onto a matt cut from a Nestability, gave it the distress treatment, put some 3D foam under one edge and tape under the other and stuck it to the base. I then re-stamped the words onto another bit of paper and cut out the words 'creativity' and 'art' and put 3D foam on those before adding them too.

The hardest part of this piece was fastening the wire. I used some spring wire and it had a mind of it's own. I had added a purple eyelet to one side of the zig zag border, and a large fancy one to the other, but trying to get the wire to twist around the hole was another story and had me uttering a few choice words every time I dropped it on the floor, or when it decided to stick in my finger!! Take my advice, don't use it in this way.
Well, I had fun doing this, took my time and just 'played'.
What have you been up to today then?

2 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous hanging, love the colours and the flowers WOW XOXO Zoe

Hels Sheridan said...

tis gorgeous - loving Dusty Conc and Crushed Olive together... yum!!! Gorgeous flowers BTW xx