Wednesday 2 February 2011

WOYWW AND AWAY WITH THE BLUES

Never really did like the colour blue although I wear denims and have the odd blue top and a coat! Blue was, and still is, my least fave colour. Having said that, I own a magnificent blue wall hanging from a crafting friend, my 'peg leg' has blue eyes (although sometimes they come close to being purple!!!!!!!) the inside of my motorhome has blue upholstery (in the main that is), my blue distress inks are fantastic and my very special pal (Susi) loves blue. So what's the problem - NONE - the blues (not the colour) have gone.
January blues must have come my way this year. Never happened before. I used to suffer from S.A.D. in September when I was at work and always got ill around then, but since I retired - properly - nothing. So, whatever went wrong - don't happen  again - I don't want you. I'm a happy person, soz, crafter. LOOK:
Another wall hanging in the making.
Do I see another on the shelf waiting for attention??
OOOOpss!! the game is up. Ok, I took my photos last night, and yes, you can spot a glass of wine - wine and water actually - and you can see my 'Tim workshop' cash all tied in a lovely white and silver gem embellished bit of ribbon, but the wine is not responsible for my being 'happy', this wonderful hobby is. I really do enjoy every minute of it. Even the bits that have me pulling my hair out because I can't think of what to do next or what to do with that piece of paper etc. It is so special, as are all you crafters out there.
I'm off now to have a look at your spaces, that through our wonderful creator, Julia, you have agreed to open to the world.
PS
'Peg leg' has completed his Fender Stratocaster, for those of you who have been following it's progress.
Not bad eh??

22 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you not suffering the blues and more and i agree this is the best hobby ever, even the bad bits, when you are pulling your hair out lol

thanks for the snoop
hugs
Judie 58

Maggie's Crafts said...

Enjoy your crafting. :)

Thank you for sharing. Have a great Woyww!

Maggie
xx

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW! to PL his guitar looks amazing. :)
Glad the blues have gone Joanne ♥♥
Your workspace is looking very creative.xx

soniajones said...

A Stratocaster with a Whammy bar even! It's fabulous! well Done T - an idea: T can take his Fender Stratocaster and stand outside B&Q on a Wednesday and busk and the proceeds go to 'Joanne's T.H. fund'! Must be a Wednesday though!! xxx

soniajones said...

sorry Joanne - I was blown away by the guitar! your wall hangings are lovely and i assume they are the flowers which you cut out - as for the wine being the night before well.... sorry i dont seem to get your reply if it's via your blog - xx

Artyjen said...

Chasing the blues away...great news ;) Wall hangings looking good and the fender is magnificent!
xoxo Sioux

Sarpreet said...

so many ink pads, great workspace, Happy WOYWW, thank you for sharing (#9)

Chelle said...

Thanks for sharing..wine is always a good compliment to crafting. 89

Andria said...

happy woyww, thanks for sharing :)
crafty hugs - Andria (42).

Tertia said...

My dear mother suffered very badly from the blues, but because she actually love blue, she used to say:'That darn black dog is sitting in front of the back door again', It always makes me smile when I think of her.
So glad the black dog decided to leave your house. The best cure is always crafting, no space in your head for negativity when you craft, is there?

Angie said...

I think I suffer a little with sad ...I have noticed it since I moved to Scotland and it is dark by 3.30 in December and it is so overcast ... some days ... that the lights are on all day. I have been feeling that a weight is lifting and there is a touch of creativity creeping in to my head now that the days are a little longer.

Trend said...

cool post!

visit my blog!

Anonymous said...

Not bad! That guitar is beautiful, I hope he plays it like Steve Howe!! I'm a bit sad today, but that's due entirely to the white stuff outside the windows!

Hugs
Brenda 91

Starla said...

Enjoyed the snoop!
Starla (125)

okienurse said...

Cool! Glad you shared your awesome desk with us today. Blues are calming people say! I am a red person! Thanks for sharing.
Vickie 380

katemade designs said...

been through bouts of blues this season but when I get out it helps. Glad to hear your well.

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, the guitar is amazing!
Blue is hard to avoid isn't it - but as you say, it doesn't have to make you blue - I think the time of year has to be fought against a bit! I like the look of your wall hanging - and am impressed that there's another lined up already...multicrafting!

Anonymous said...

Crafting is so relaxing and fun!

Nicky said...

Glad the blues have gone with the turn of the calender - Peg leggs guitar is brilliant ~ thanks for sharing Nicky 12

Marjo said...

That guitar is looking awesome. It's amazing what a little sunshine can do. Sometimes that sunshine comes in the form of doing something we love. Happy Crafting.

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hugs, Marjo lucky #1.

Elizabeth said...

Now that we've hit February the thought of Spring just around the corner cheers us all up - blue isn't my favourite colour either. And, you are so right about this wonderful hobby/occupation/pre-occupation of ours - it's made my retirement a very happy time. Elizabeth x #96

Hels Sheridan said...

Oooooooooooo, a Fender Stratocaster no less.. I had a twang on one of these about a hundred years ago... they are rather special aren't they?? LOVE the glass of wine on the desk... if I drank booze that is what I would do LOL Sadly I am not allowed even so much as a sniff cos of these dang meds!! Glad the blues have gone hun... tis deffo the fault of January... yak month... just think, in a few weeks we will have daffs and crocus to cheer us up.. oh ... and... tim!! ROFL x