Saturday 19 February 2011

INSPIRED TO CRAFT TODAY

Having seen the fabulous projects from Tim's workshop at Harrogate and again this morning from the Stitches trade show at the NEC, I just had to get inky.
I have a box full of flowers I bought from QVC some time ago, and because some of them are really big, I hardly ever use them. Time to give them a go me thinks.
I began by cutting a piece of mountboard to just over 4" square, I then used all the inks in the photo to distress it all over.
It came out bright and cheery which is just what I was after.









I then had a rummage in my clear stamp drawer and found this little mushroom stamp. Using black Archival, I stamped it onto 3 different descriptions of mushrooms in an old dictionary, distressed the images and cut them out.







I already had a grungepaper set of leaves which I used at the base of the card after having stamped a couple more in the corner. I used a fine black pen to draw lines around the card, stamped Tim's flight of birds in archival ink and assembled the whole thing to end up with this.
I think it will make a rather nice matt for a 5" or 6" card. The best bit was - I had fun.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous piece of art Joannw - I especially love the background colours xx

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous, think it is a card top all on its own and needs not a thing more XOXO Zoe

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne, this is lovely.....I'm so glad you have had a good time today! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Love S xx

soniajones said...

Hi Joanne I bought those flowers as well and now you've inspired me(hey what's new!)Not long now...... xx

Helen Laurence said...

Wow this is so cool. I really need to get more into distressing I love that look its fab x

Gez Butterworth said...

GORJUSS Joanne :)
Wishing you a lovely Sunday..xx