Saturday 5 February 2011

SIZE MATTERS!

Size really does matter. It's my first time at this too. Never experienced this before. The best bit was, I enjoyed it and it was quick!
Ok, I can hear some giggles out there. All of the above is true. I've made my very first INCHIE.
The Tim workshop forum have decided that we should all make an inchie and put them in a mini album as a big thank you to him for the fabulous time we will have.

I was quite daunted at the thought of making something so 'fiddly'. I find it difficult at times to hold tiny bits in my fingers, that's why I use tweezers so much, but I managed it.





The base is grungeboard covered in a piece of Tim's vintage shabby stack. I distressed all round with aged mahogony and edged it with walnut stain. The little butterfly is from some I already had in pre-cut grunge, which I painted with cranberry and gold paint dabbers. I used fired brick distress powder on the game spinner and red stickles on the brad. The swirl is from Tim's corner stamp from his clear set 'the journey' and the beads are bedazzles. The little piece of grosgrain is from a length I bought from Finishing Touches in Totnes some time ago.

All in all, for a first attempt that is, I am satisfied with the result.
Someone said they were adictive. Hmm! we'll see.

3 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

Yes! I was totally giggling :D. And ohhhhhhh my how wonderful is that? I'm thinking it's going to be much appreciated. TFS!

Dotty Jo said...

Hey, that's great! Jo x

Hettie said...

WOW! I am really impessed! I came over from Paperartsy to have a sneeky peek - not done mine yet!!! Love it!! Maybe see you on Thursday in the Bar! I am on Friday morning with the early birds!!

Sam aka Hettie

http://hettiecraftcz.blogspot.com/