Wednesday 20 June 2012

WOYWW #159 - WATCH OUT FOR ME.....

What better place than woyww to tell Julia and all you lovely woywwers throughout the world, to watch out on live tv on Saturday morning for me!! I think you can get the stream on your computer from typing in 2012 Olympics/flame, or bbc.co.uk/2012.
Well I suppose I have gone a little overboard with that intro, but I hope you will see me because the Olympic flame will be passing through my village and past my house around 7.25am BST.  I'll be there with my camera trying to capture the moment. It starts off from the Royal Lytham and St. Annes golf course where this year's British open is being held in a few weeks, travels along Clifton Drive, past the White Church and my lovely Susi and family, round the corner where Lytham fair is set up for this weekend's gala, to Lytham where it will pass Lytham green and our famous windmill, shown in many adverts and plays etc on the tele. It then goes by coach to the new Land Registry building in Warton, my village, passing houses, BAe - where the Typhoon jet fighter is built - and then ME, before going back on the coach just a few yards from me at the roundabout to travel on to Preston. How exciting. I'll try and give you all a wave.
So to the real reason for a woyww post. Here is my desk:

A new set of Tim stamps - new to me that is - I just got these on Ebay, some lovely Tim and K & Co papers, an open exploding box that I have been taking the measurements from to do a tutorial for the lovely Jenn, the usual scissors etc. and a timetable for Condor ferries out of Poole to France. I thought we could take a trip whilst down that way in August, but the ferry times would mean having to stay in Cherbourg for 2 nights thus leaving the motorhome unattended longer than we would wish. Not looking good.
I hope I can get round more desks than I have managed these past few weeks. I have been crafting but mainly to get ahead of myself in readiness for our holiday. I know you lovely crafters understand.
So, see you Saturday then.

14 comments:

Helen said...

hope you get some good shots of the torch! I have to wait till the last week for it to hit my town. love your tim stamps too, that is a great set... Helen 33

sandra de said...

I love those TG stamps it is definitely a set that I look at with longing. It must be very exciting with all the olympic events coming around. I know when it Sydney hosted the olympics everyone got caught up in the excitement.
Sandra @32

Anonymous said...

Ooh that is one of my favourite of Tim's stamps, I use it all the time. Lucky you winning from Ranger too.

Happy WOYWW

Zoe #57

Hazel said...

Love the new stamps (I nearly bought some like that recently). Thanks for the opportunity of having a peep at your workspace - trying to make a few visits early this week! Hazel, WOYWW #87 x

Miriam said...

Good luck for Saturday.

Love the Tim stamps.
#101

SophieNewton said...

Oh, I love those stamps, they are on my "must buy them next" list, the drippy butterfly is my favourite
Sophie no.93

Lizzie said...

Sounds very exciting! Better find a good spot, in front of a famous landmark, if you hope to be on tv... Have fun!
The flame goes through our town in a couple of weeks' time, but unfortunately, it's early on a Saturday, when we are away for the whole weekend... So I'll just have to enjoy it all vicariously, through various bloggy folks' reports!

The stamps look nice... Enjoy your creating!

Lizzie (108)

PaperArtsy said...

Can't wait for the torch to come to us too, it's a fantastically exciting time for the UK at the moment!

Leandra xx

Ann B said...

I sa the torch when it came near us, a fantastic atmosphere and well worth the little wait. You described the route so well I can picture it in my head (know the White Church well).
If I get up early enough I will steam it and try to spot you - wave something Tim Holtzish.
Ann B
#67

Eliza said...

Enjoy the torch relay, it is so much fun just to see it go bye. I remember when it was here in Melbourne just down the road from us it was awesome, I do hope you get some photos or even get on the TV.

Happy crafting this week
Eliza #164
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/
Please respond only to the queenartoypia blog.

scrappymo! said...

What a lovely saying! Love that stamp.

I did not know that you lived in or around Lytham. What a beautiful town. We were there on holidays a couple of years ago. I remember it as such a beautiful area. It was school let out time and there were ever so many Mom's picking up their children and most were in skirts...gorgeous skirts.
I was impressed with the town, the area, the golf course:) and the sense of style!

Lucky you to live there!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

happy WOYWW! oh wow, how exciting for you to have the olympic flame pass in front of your house!
hugs, #15 peggy aplSEEDS

CraftygasheadZo said...

Hope you got some fab torch shots! Take care, am snooping still on Sunday, late but determined to get round more than I have for a few weeks! Zo xx 73

Anonymous said...

Some great gear here! happy stamping.
Judy #78