Wednesday 6 June 2012

WOYWW - 3 YEARS PLUS 1 WEEK

Did you all have fun last week then? Julia added the excitement by suggesting we make an ATC and sending it to the person below us on the list who displayed an * after their name. I made my card oh! and a little pocket for it, a couple of weeks before and Cindy received it so I can show you all now what it was.
I so enjoyed making this and hope it is liked.
Well, the saga of the drier (dryer), how do you spell that word?? is over. My DH finally replaced the kitchen sink - which we found out had holes in  it, stainless steel too - the tap and all the water damaged wood, so we were able to move the machine (haha not going through the spell bit again) into the cupboard next to the sink and out of my little work room. More space she cries..............

Well not any more. I moved my wheelie stamp drawers and my lock 'n lock Ranger stacks into the space straight away. At least I won't have to cope with having the window open in the winter so the dr*** nose can go out of it thus letting cold winds blow me out of my room and all my crafty work with me. Result!!
So that's the story so far, but what is on my work desk then?

Well, I am in the process of a DT piece - covered by the piece of paper on the A4 card. I decided to make a card (A5) this time as the digi I chose has a great meaning just now. Colouring it has given me the chance to practice with my Copics, so that is why they are on my work space.  Other than that, you can see my reading specs - totally blind without them - my Copic colour chart, my melt pot and little tub of various craft tools. Nothing different at the back.
I really suppose that WOYWW isn't the place to say why my mojo has come and gone these past few weeks, but I am also sure that Julia won't mind this time if I tell you why. Our lovely crafting friend Lindsay Mason, who I know many of you have met, lost her precious husband David last week. Some of you will also have met David, a cheeky, friendly, caring man who also became my friend. I'm stuck for words now suffice to ask that you could spare a thought for Lindsay and her family, especially Heather, who has been so, so supportive of her. This is a hard time and when she decides that the time is right to return to showing you her craft skills, that you give her support.

19 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...your ATC holder is just beautiful as is your ATC, bet Cindy was delighted to recieve it...super desk so many inks & I have a twinge of pen envy coming on (I don't own a single pen) cool shade chart too, thanks for sharing...Mel :) #27
Now following your work :)

Redanne said...

Oh wow,, that ATC is absolutely stunning, Cindy must be rubbing her hands with glee at receiving that, gorgeous pocket too. Sorry to hear about all your problems, I can sympathise as we had to replace our bathroom sink and it cost an arm and a leg because it is a very light peachy colour! Love your Ranger storage. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #24

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Joanne, This is beautiful and I love the little dangle embellishments and the pocked you made for it.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Twiglet said...

Amazing ATC Joanne. I will email you - Twiglet!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, that is one gorgeous ATC - such detail, it's so feminine!! And I'm glad that Drier-Gate has been resolved :D No more crafty bitys and bobs sailing out the window... yay :)
Hugs, LLJ #70 xx
PS Sending prayers to your friend xx

Sandi said...

what a beautiful piece, your table looks fab, and your friends and families are in my prayers dear one, hugs

kay said...

sorry to hear your sad news,sending you and the family best wishes
have a fab crafty week
kay #52

CraftygasheadZo said...

Stunning ATC, sorry to hear such sad news too. Take care my WOYWW friend. Zo xx 65

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a beautiful ATC and such a neat holder too. Oh my! I can't imagine having to share a room with a dryer (yeah, that doesn't look right) and having to open the window. How nice that you don't have to share anymore. AND how nice that you got a bit more space even if you did fill it right away. That is what space is for!

Mari K. said...

Lovely ATC and that is a GREAT Copic collection you have there! -Mari #124

May said...

Gorgeous ATC holder.... look at those copics... can I come round for a play!!! Hugs May x x#34

SophieNewton said...

Fabulous ATC holder, I've spotted a few of these on desks now...where did they all come from? Happy WOYWW!
Sophie
#81

Julia Dunnit said...

Your ATC is stunning Joanne, how could it not be LVOED?! Am desperately sorry for Lindsay, I don't know her but of course I know of her through PI. No wonder you can't settle to much...these days where you just want to help by taking it all away are the the ones that will sustain your friend for sure.

Artyjen said...

Your space looks so organised...want to come and do mine? ;) LOL
Sending positive vibes when I can for Lyndsay.
xoxo Sioux
P.S. loved your tag on the previous post....sorry not been around much!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Sending you a hug, my friend. xo

Tertia said...

Sending hugs to you and your friends. Hope mr. Mojo returns soon, because I find that crafting is a great healer.
Happy WOYWW

Tertia said...

Sending hugs to you and your friends. Hope mr. Mojo returns soon, because I find that crafting is a great healer.
Happy WOYWW

Eliza said...

Absolutley awesome ATC and what a clever holder, I have seen a few of these around. Must look into them and find out where they come from.

Happy Crafting
Eliza #50
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

Bernice said...

What a beautiful ATC - and what a lot of lovely pens you have there! Sorry my visit is a bit late - my internet has been a bit intermittent this week!
Bernice