Monday 10 October 2011

WAS HOPING FOR A CHALLENGE

I have struggled with this little tag through all the upheaval at home these last few days, so was hoping for a challenge so I could enter it - just love the extra excitement of challenges - but I haven't found any so thought I may as well blog it instead.
I've used Tim's fantastic new autumn distress inks - seedless preserves is to die for - to make a Halloween-style tag.
All the elements are either Tim dies or stamps.
I used shrink plastic to make the leaves but simply stamped the leaves onto it using distress ink. They have come out perfectly.
The spider and witch are metal charms.

The owl is from Tim's Halloween set from last year.

I used some of the seam binding I bought when on holiday and coloured it with a the 3 new colours of distress ink, coupled with some more ribbon and fibres, it compliments the tag perfectly.
I had loads of fun with this, especially by using goggle eyes on the tree. Just need some time now to craft properly.
A great big thank you to Sioux for reminding me about Grungy Monday because I've just loaded their logo into my sidebar and entered this weeks challenge - Halloween - as my tag is just right for it.

11 comments:

Artyjen said...

Love those google eyes! LOL
Link it to Grungy Monday Joanne...it's just restarted :)
xoxo Sioux

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab tag Joanne... I used to be scared of trees with faces when I was a kid... loving those goggle eyes though.. fun!

Sue West said...

Love your tag Joanne, those eyes are such fun.
Sue :)

Becky said...

Love what you have done Joanne great ideas.

Terry said...

Love the sets of eyes! Such a fabulous tag and perfect for the GM challenge!

Beth said...

Love the eyes on the tree! Adorable!

Patricia said...

O what a nice idea the eyes on the tree! LOVE IT!!!
Greetz Patricia

PsyPenguin said...

Great tag! I love the owl, and the eyes on the tree are a wonderful quirky touch. xx

Sarah said...

So glad you shared your tag - great colours and love the seeing tree!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic tag, great idea putting all the eye pairs on the tree.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Joanne, this is SO beautiful! I love how you decorated the Owl and tree, and the gorgeous background is perfect for Halloween.The little leaves are amazing!

Thanks so much for joining Grungy Monday! I hope to see you again!