Tuesday 11 October 2011

JOURNAL JOURNEYS OCTOBER CHALLENGE

This month's challenge over at Journal Journeys is autumn/nature plus the use of stencils.
Although, unlike many, I actually don't like Autumn. I hate the thought of everything dying plus the cold, wet and wind. The dark doesn't help either. I much prefer spring when everything is happy. Having said that, I do adore the autumn colours which are some of my most favourite ever especially the deep reds.
Still not really into this journaling lark but I keep having a go, so here are my pages for the challenge this month.
I used a mixture of distress inks, colour wash and Terra to create the background and I used a flower stencil plus the remains of grungepaper once I had die cut leaves and a swirl as another set of stencils. The dots are the remnants of red rubber once I had mounted the alpha stamps it contained and I also used a plastic letter stencil to spray some perfect pearls through - which hasn't shown too well on the photo. The 'rutting' deer are from Tim Holtz reindeer flight die and their antlers are from his branch tree die. The words are one of Andy Skinner's stamps.
Although I said autumn means everything is closing down ready for the winter and dying, I think the amazing colours have brought this little scene to life.

5 comments:

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous Joanne! :)
xoxo Sioux

Unknown said...

Oh How lovely those deer are wonderful loving the colours you have used ;0) Thank you so much for joining in with Journal Journey's this month ;0) Dxx

I also prefer Spring/Summer I love heat ha ha.

~*~Patty S said...

Your Autumn pages are really beautiful and for it not being your fav season...well one might never know.

The deer are a brilliant touch too!
oxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne! I adore your beautiful pages, so inspiring! Love those deer, fab idea to use them!
Alison x

Karen said...

ooo this is really beautiful!!! I love all the masking & stencilling you have done and the deer are gorgeous x