I've had this card laid out for about a week now but have been 'scared' to actually put it together. I wasn't sure whether it would work nor how to achieve the look I wanted. In the end I just went for it and gave up wondering.
The whole thing came about after making a gorgeous card that Andy Skinner had given instructions for. The amazing orange sky attracted me and I had just the thing I wanted to use - kitchen towels - that I had used to dry ink on both backgrounds and my work sheet. I put 3 of them together to form the sky and began.
The cardstock is not really thick enough for a base card, so I generally fold another piece to A4 and place it inside.
Anyway, I then got to work stamping, cutting out and sticking in place. This is the finished card front.