Sunday 8 August 2010

TORSO BLING

Well, I'm still tired out, so much so that I am 'almost' wide awake. Not much point going to bed in that state so I decided to get in 'me' craft room and have a go at the Something Completely Different challenge for this month, week 1, which is Torso/bling.

I like the idea of having one main theme for the whole of the month then 'twiddling' it by having a different slant on it each week.

After my tea I tried and tried to think of what I could do and in the end came up with this,


Not sure whether the photo shows the bling properly, but I embossed the scroll with Stamp-n Stuff disco black embossing powder giving it a real sparkle. I managed to print off some copies of the torso provided by SCD and cut it out from mountboard to ATC measurements. Using all 4 lovely orange DIs, wild honey, rusty hinge, spiced marmalade and dried marigold, I inked all the card adding more colour to the right hand side. I then stamped the eyes in black archival and the words in aged mahogany before adding the sparkle swirl.

Hope this is ok and the photo is not too blurred - bad light. Just off to let them know I've done it and enter the challenge.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne, I'm just on my way to bed now, but just thought I'd check in! I'm glad I did - love this. Great idea and stamps and my very favourite colours. Hope you sleep well, catch up soon, love S xxx

Heather said...

Your 'bling torso' is looking good, Joanne - like she, just thought I'd drop by before switching off for the night! :o) Heather x

Laura said...

This is great fun and great colours too! Thanks for playing at SCD this week and have you on board.

Artyjen said...

Hi Joanne! Glad you could play along this week at SCD...I love disco black and just know how sparkly/blingy it will be in real life :)
Love that face too
xoxo Sioux

Carol Plume said...

really love that eye stamp or is it the entire face? very realistic! great torso - thank you for joining us this week - hope that you'll join in the swap at the end of the month...

Zoechaos said...

Stunning, those eyes what a fantastic stamp. Love it xx Zoe

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely gorgeous torso. Just love the colour & those eyes are stunning. So glad you could join us this week. New challenge goes live in the morning. Gez.xx