I had a go at this faux enameling thingy yesterday, but it was really hard to cover that big flower I made. Some woyww'ers were interested to see the result so I'll leave that one for next Wednesday. Don't get excited.
In the meantime, I've been making some ATCs as my stock pile has diminished. I tried to use some of the bits lying around on my work desk, but only managed to incorporate 3 little bits. Anyway, here goes.
For this one I used Tim's 'scallop' die and cut both patterns in mount board before juggling them together to make an ATC sized card. I had already distressed the edge of the bottom layer with wild honey before doing this. The top layer was distressed with scattered straw and mustard seed with a touch of milled lavender over a mini scroll mask. I have a stamp which reads ' bloom where you're planted' so I masked off all the words leaving the 'bloom' bit which I stamped in black archival. The little barbed-wire type stamp down the side is an oblong border stamp which I used with pumice stone DI. The flower is cut from vellum and the little flower in the middle is a successful faux enamelled one from yesterday. The titchy button finishes it off.
For this card I distressed the base with all the orange inks before overstamping with a Wendy Vecchi background stamp that miraculously came in the post from Simon Says Stamp in the USA! I used barn door for this. The ziz zag is a Tim stamp and the word is from a stamp I've ages. I used black archival to stamp these. The flower is cut from grungepaper using Tim's tattered florals die. I inked this with rusty hinge and walnut stain overstamped in black archival and one of Tim's acrylic script stamps. The sprocket, spinner and brad are all Tim's. The leaves are cut from grungepaper, inked with peeled paint and then covered in distress stickles in the same colour. They were cut with his regal crest die.
I can't take full credit for this one because I've based it on a sample on the Wendy Vecchi stamps I received. Obviously it's not exactly the same but I've tweeked it to make an ATC. I used wild honey and dried marigold as the base, leaving a lighter patch in the middle. I then overstamped with the gorgeous chequered stamp using black archival. Then I went round the edges with a permanent marker pen. I inked over a piece of scrap card with barn door DI and overstamped it with bits of stems from Tim's spring sprung stamps using pumice stone DI. That is then stuck under a piece of Tim's film strip. The bits of calendar were coloured with tumbled glass and cut to shape. The leaves are made from some lovely green pearlised card using a Martha Stewart frond punch, the little flowers are Prima overstamped in wild honey with a background stamp from the Artistic Stamper range and finished off with tiny sticky gems. The butterfly is a pre-cut grunge one again stamped with the pre mentioned stamp inked with tumbled glass.
Phew! I think I need a lie down now. Hope Blogger doesn't swallow this post like it swallowed my last 2 posts on Lindsay's Rant blog.