Wednesday 8 February 2012

IT'S A FREEZING COLD WOYWW #140

Brrrrrr.. turn up the heating, get your woolly socks on and make a brew, then sit down and surf the crafting web for fellow WOYWWers courtesy of our leader, Julia. Can I say a great big thank you to Julia and everyone who offered me advice last week on washer/dryers. I took everything that was said on board, made loads of enquiries and went round several stores before deciding that this type of machine is not all it's cracked up to be and therefore I won't be buying one.
With that decision made I had to re-think my workroom plans for more space. In the end all I did was move one 12" shelf and quite unbelievably, I now have more light - which means I shall be able to sit down to craft, - plus, much more space to work on. What do you think?

This is my main bit where I have to stand. So much space here.

This is the right hand bit where I sit to compute. The shelf I moved is the one holding my Big Shot. It was between the tv shelf and the one above it before and held my Alteration dies. However, the weight of them was a bit too much and the shelf started to lean causing my strip dies to fall off - twice!! No problem with them now because they are in a cupboard.
Finally, this is the best I can do to photograph it all together.

This one shows the glass wall and all the extra light I now have. I took this one the other day whilst still making the changes. I have no idea what that mucky yellow bit of cloth is!! LOL.
Righto, I'm off to get dressed now. Happy woyww everyone. x

17 comments:

jude said...

Your craft room looks so light ,Glad you deceided re your dilemma .Hope you have many hours of crafting .You will see difference with more light in the room too!Have fab wedensday and a creative week hugs judex 4

soniajones said...

pleeeease come and do mine....xxx

Karen said...

Your craft room looks fabulous and so light to work in :) I hope you enjoy many hours of crafting in there :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Karen #90

May said...

Lots of light coming in to your tidy craft space, Enjoy your crafting, Hugs May x x x x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great space - lots of light. Thanks for sharing & enjoy this WOYWW, I'm off to be nosey, & peek at some more desks! Zo x 83, well I was when last looked, it keeps changing!

scrappymo! said...

Your room looks great...so lovely and organized. love the windows letting in the light!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hooray for moving shelves! Hooray for more light! I think you've done incredibly well storing so much stuff into a smallish space.
Happy Crafting!
Hugs, LLJ #56 xx

AerynK Designs said...

More light and more space are always good things!
Happy WOYWW!
Aeryn (#37)

Lisa said...

Your room is so organized looking love the light.

That Craft Place Ltd said...

What a lovely bright space!!! Hope you have many happy hours crafting there!
Am now a new follower!
Lisa 163

Bridget Larsen said...

We have the opposite weather to you, hot and sunny, want to share some? Your desk is very neat
Bridget #51

505whimsygirl said...

It's looking very nice. Funny how small changes sometimes make a large impact!

Happy WOYWW
Kay
#129

Stephanie said...

I really love your space--looks like a great place to get some work and play done!

Julia Dunnit said...

Funny isn't it, a small change that makes such a difference, but your space does seem very bathed in light now! Glad you've sorted the washer/dryer issue, the best machine is the one tht works best for you, no doubt!

Lou said...

A wonderful, creative, crafty, inspiring work space. I didn’t make it, to everyone’s crafty space on Wednesday so doing my snooping today,
Hope you have a great week x Lou x @#103

Sarah said...

Lovely space and great light too - what a blessing...Thanks for letting us look in and peek at your desk... Sarah at 7

Jackie said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely light craft space.