Saturday 11 February 2012

WICKED WEDNESDAY ATCS #18 - LOVE/HEARTS OR VALENTINES DAY

I'm playing catch up today. Just one more card to make then I'm on top again. This ATC is for this week's Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge.
I thought I would use some of my stash for this one, so out came my grungeboard sheets. I started by using picket fence distress stain over a swirl stamp which I stamped on a cream base card. Over this, once dry, I blended victorian velvet, aged mahogony DIs and blended the edge with walnut stain. (Thanks Hels for today's tutorial and the reminder of this fab technique). I used gold dabber on the letters and edged those with walnut stain also. The heart is coloured with fired brick distress stain and the key with walnut stain distress stain. I stuck everything down with glossy accents including the red rose.
A simple card but I enjoyed making it and got my fingers covered in ink........well, that's all part of the fun eh?

3 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Joanne, I love this - the key is so cool. The whole thing is fabulous. Thanks for joining us again at Wicked Wednesdays! :)

Sharon said...

Love this ATC - the letters are great! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!!

Dr. Mary said...

Love the textures! The little rose is perfect! Thanks for joining us again at Wicked Wednesday!