Thursday 2 February 2012

WICKED WEDNESDAY #17 -MERMAIDS

Wicked Wednesday ATCs challenge this week is - Mermaids.
I decided to use one of my downloads from PollyCraft because she is just so lovely. This is what I came up with this week:
Having spent a wonderful couple of hours today watching the talented Hels Sheridan on our national craft channel, I decided that one of the techniques she showed us was just perfect for the background to my ATC for this challenge. Splatters of picket fence Distress Stain blended over with Chipped Sapphire distress ink pad. I had already printed the image onto acetate, coloured most of her with metallic Sakura pens and covered her tail with silver metalic foil. A few seed beads and some tiny silver brads and that was it - done.
I had fun - again....

7 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Ooooh - love, love, LOVE this. The background is so cool and I love the way you printed her on acetate and colored her, I've never tried that! Thanks so much for joining us at Wicked Wednesdays! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

She's gorgeous Joanne! Love that background, makes a real splash!! Love Chrisx

Artyjen said...

The background suits the theme so well :)
xoxo Sioux

Jehanne's doodles said...

Oh I like this :)

Dr. Mary said...

So cool that you are trying out new techniques! Love the overall effects and embellishments. Thanks for joining us again at Wicked Wednesdays!

Sharon said...

She is a lovely mermaid and what a great background! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!

Maggie said...

Beautiful ATC and love the background saw the show too and immediately went and tried everything out!!

Maggie H