Thursday 7 April 2011

IF YOU WANT SOME FUN

pop over to Heather's blog and join in this months ATC challenge - Victorian men and pink.
One of the comments on my woyww post this week suggested that this really was a challenge. I must agree. I was so out of my comfort zone with this one as I have never really been a fan of Victorian stuff and definitely not men's cards etc.. However, not one to be beaten I've given it a go.
This one arose from my 'naughty' side. As you can see I stuck a man's head on a 'cheeky' Victorian lady and made it into a simple burlesque show.
I used a couple of nestabilities to cut the frame and acetate for this card. I alcohol inked the acetate to give it a pink hue. The rest speaks for itself.


A bit of grunge for this one. I used Tim's paper from his shabby vintage stash, his swirl stamp and distress inks. The dictionary paper is from the page Tim gave me at his workshop in February. Nothing complicated again except I used wax over the image and added a sprinkle of beadazzles whilst it was melted - not an easy task believe me.
It was a fun challenge despite the subject, so why not have a go yourself. You may just be surprised at what you can create.

4 comments:

Artyjen said...

Pink and men? I'm impressed! Really like the quirkyness of the first one :)
xoxo Sioux

soniajones said...

Hi Joanne - as usual you have finished whilst I sit here with lots of Victorian men just thinking! I agree this is a difficult one but that's what life's all about! hope i get one of yours xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Joanne! You really got your head around this one, I convinced myself that I don't have time this month - quite a few birthdays, appointments etc. Yours look fabulous, especially the last one.
Are you going anywhere at the weekend???
Love and hugs, Chrisx

Heather said...

Joanne, your "pink" men are fab & I especially love the humour in the first card!!! I do hope I get a few more takers for this challenge, I need another 3 players at least .... I know it wasn't the easiest of combinations but hey, we all need challenging sometimes, don't we? *LOL* Heather x