Thursday 14 April 2011

SORRY ABOUT THESE PHOTOS

They are really blurred. Sometimes my camera behaves but other times it plays up and does just what it wants despite being on the correct setting.
Anyway, I played around yesterday and came up with these.
The words are from Tim's 'stuff to say' stamps and are the bottom few from the long stamp - imagine a journey of creative stuff ideas and things to discover.
The flower is one from the pile of stamped pieces I had laid out on Wednesday. The background is dark green card covered with Claudine Hellmuth classic teal acrylic paint. I love the way it turned out. What a fabulous colour. The rest speaks for itself.
This next one took an age.

I already had the base card made from dabbing up spare ink on my craft sheet. Again the flower is one made earlier - I like having a stock of stuff already made to just grab and go.
The time consuming bit was making the bead loops. I used Tim's ruler to mark equal holes at the bottom of the card before taking a really long length of copper wire, adding different beads and threading backwards and forwards to make the loops. A strip of black lace over the top and voila. I distressed a length of tissue tape, tore it to pieces and stuck it to the card together with the rose, a pre-embossed black tattered flower and some punches branches. Job done.
Off to try my hand at some metal flowers now.

No comments: