Saturday 16 April 2011

METAL FLOWERS AND 3 EXHAUSTS!!!!

Ok, so that's a daft heading. But I have been making some metal flowers -
and I've just driven a car - mine actually - with 3 exhausts!!
Obviously mine has an exhaust, but in the back was the old exhaust off the motorhome plus a new one to replace it, hence 3 -

Back to the flowers. I made 3 of those too and they look lovely.











I ran some copper through my Big Shot using Tim's tattered florals die and cut the same flowers from card which I then stuck together before running them through again in an embossing folder. I them stamped and embossed them with lovely 'smelly' powder after colouring some of them with dabbers and Claudine's acrylic paint. The effect is stunning. Here they are assembled.

The little beads finish them off.
I've been making some ATCs and have used 2 of the flowers so far.
The background is a mixture of the new distress stains, perfect pearls mists, a bit of stamping and general 'messyness'. The gorgeous word stamp is from some that I was given at Xmas by a very special person.
This card is my favourite so far.

The colours came together like magic as I didn't plan the finished piece. The base is made from mopping up ink on my craft sheet and then over-stamping with one of Tim's background stamps from his urban grunge set.
I was given the tiny skeleton leaves years ago and the pins are from Abakhan and only cost 70p for a whole circle of them. Here is the finished card - sorry about the quality, camera has a mind of it's own.

Well, that's me for now. I have another 5 cards in progress but that doesn't mean any will be finished today, or tomorrow, or Monday and definitely not Tuesday as I have the dentists!!!!!! 'Peg leg' is supposed to be going in hospital a week on Tuesday, but true to form, the NHS has decided not to confirm this and no letter or phone call has been received to date. Watch this ever boiling space..............................

2 comments:

Bea said...

love your flowers - I have that die but onlyused it for fabric and paper so far

Artyjen said...

Bloomin' lovely Joanne! ;)
I'm on the hot toddies again tonight!!! Kill or cure? LOL
xoxo Sioux