Thursday 8 December 2011

12 TAGS OF CHRISTMAS 2011 - TAG 8

What a tease Tim Holtz is. Fancy thinking of making a steampunk tag for Christmas. The best bit is, it worked. I didn't really know where I was going to start, let alone finish, with this one. I don't have those stamps. However, I did have the gear die and I did have the clock mask, so I decided I would have a go at the tag by using a couple or more different stamps and paper from the Lost & Found stash.  I must admit though, my men look like they have horns rather than sprigs of holly in their hats.



I drew round half the clock mask onto grungepaper and began the task of cutting it out. Took me ages but it worked.


I gathered all the other bits and bobs and came up with this:
You can see, the glossy accents on the word Joy is still drying.
There are 2 very special bits on this tag. The pen nib and the admit one ticket. Both were part of the amazing stash given to me by Tim at his workshop in February. Only seemed right I use them on this tag.
Have fun with your tag today.

5 comments:

pooky said...

awwwwww..your tag is awsome! i have to admit when i read that you thought your little guy had horns rather then sprigs of holly.....well, i just burst out laughing! thanks for that!
really, i love your tag!

Sue said...

You are SO MUCH the better woman than I am, cutting out that clock!!!

Your tag is amazing. Isn't it ridiculous how long it takes Glossy Accents to day?!

Artyjen said...

That's one mighty fine tag.....huge congrats on the tricky cutting out! :)
xoxo Sioux

Helen said...

Very good interpretation.

Sault said...

I have to say that I probably wouldn't have thought that the holly sprigs looked like horns if you hadn't put that in my head. But the tag is really beautiful... Horns and all !!