Thursday 22 December 2011

WICKED WEDNESDAY ATCs - WEEK 11 - STEAMPUNK

Oh dear a steampunk theme. I just can't get a hold of steampunk no matter how hard I try. I love the quirky machines and even some of the clothes, but I just can't do craft with it. Never mind, the whole idea of having a go at a challenge is to have fun. Well I tried to that too, but it didn't really work. So, Wicked Wednesday ATCs, you have beaten me this time.
I had a pre-distressed ATC-sized card and added some Terra around the edges after gluing some old clock gears to the centre. Another cog and some chain was pushed into the wet mass. It dried over night. I then rubbed some metallic wax over it and stuck a brass moon in the corner.
I think it's rubbish so please don't be nice just for the sake of it, I really do understand.
By the way, I was their winner last week, YIPPEE and thank you so much.

3 comments:

Dr. Mary said...

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet! I like this mini composition for it is an abstract representation of the idea of steampunk. Besides, the most important thing of creating is staying true to you and continuing to broaden your horizons :)
Congrats on last week's win. Continue to challenge yourself and thanks for joining in on the fun here at Wicked Wednesdays!

Sharon said...

This is a great "Steampunk" ATC - love the distressed background and the fabulous "gears/sprockets" embellishments!! Thanks for joining in at Wicked Wednesday!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh my gosh - not rubbish at all, I'm loving it! I know that we are our own worst critics when it comes to our art, though, aren't we? Don't believe yourself, though - this is fabulous! ;) Thanks for joining us again at Wicked Wednesdays! xo