Tuesday 17 April 2012

COMPENDIUM OF CURIOSITIES TECHNIQUE 1 - CUSTOM FOAM STAMPS

Linda's fun has begun. Pop over to her blog HERE for the details re this first challenge from Tim's book Compendium of Curiosities vol 2.
The challenge is Custom foam Stamps which is detailed on page 66. A bit more excitement comes from Simon Says Stamps who are offering a $25 voucher to a randomly picked winner. How much more fun can we get.
I've had a go -
The butterflies are the challenge. They should have been a bit brighter but I used a foam stamp that I made when completing Tim's creative Chemistry 101 class, and I think that the box I kept it in was not airtight enough and it dried out a bit. Having said that, it did still work and I think the delicateness shows through against the strong colours elsewhere on the card. This is what I used:
Lost & Found papers,
Alterations strip dies, Tattered Flower Garland, Festive Greenery, Autumn Gatherings
Stamps, Papillon, Stuff to Say
Vagabond
Multi Matt Medium,
Archival black ink
Paper Distresser
Distress Ink pad, Victorian Velvet
Cut & Dry stamp pad Felt
Various colours of re-inkers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your piece is very pretty. I took the CC101 class, too, but I don't think we did the challenge technique.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Joanne, this is a gorgeous card! I'm not sure I see where this week's challenge technique was used, but it's beautiful nonetheless.

SophieNewton said...

I love your card, the butterflies are gorgeous
Sophie x